Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I have a dream!

Okay, I have a dream, it may not be as lofty and idealistic as Martin Luther Kings dream, but it goes a little something like this... we buy a little house in Santa Barbara, a fixer upper, we invest a little money, a little elbow grease, have bamboo floors laid and decorate it in the style from Simplese (the store in the Bristol Farms shopping center) very European, everything off white, contemporary, but casual, beachy, but not shabby ( I actually have this house completely decorated in my mind, right down to the bathroom fixtures and lighting)... We go there on weekends. The kids come to visit, we ride bikes, play games, put together puzzles, shop, eat at little cafes, play with the grand children.... Nice dream, huh? But for now we will just have to make the hour and ten minute drive and do all those things, like we did last weekend!
Mari and Court trying on tacky hats.

Santa Barbara has great stores and yummy cafes!

All I could think about as I rode this thing was "Gob" from Arrested Development!

Patrick scaring his mother.

Me and Chris. Mari took this picture over her shoulder, while riding a bike. Impressive!

The boys on their Segues! Luke doesn't care about getting a license. He just wants one of these!

Courtney, Mari and Me

14 comments:

Spiker said...

That day was so fun. I wish we could spend every weekend in Santa Barbara. We can contribute about $15 to your dream house. Sorry, we're poor. But I do promise to spend lots of time there if and when you do get it.

The Alvords said...

Um, for some reason I was signed in as you. Sorry.

Love,
Court

Spiker said...

I was going to say... I didn't post that!! How did that happen???

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

ahha. I was so confused!! You are so funny, your dream life/house sounds pretty dang perfect. I loved this post & i LOVE Simplese. I shall decorate my NEWPORT house like it! mwuahahahhahahah. I know its not Santa Barbara...but I'll take what i can get!

Spiker said...

Newport is just as good as SB baby!

The Queen said...

hahaha, that was hilarious. i was like, what? anyway, you can't leave unless you promise to have me up monthly to photograph said grandchildren. and i get to stay with you for the weekends when i come to photograph them.

and i think those hats are so cute!!

oh, and happy birthday steve!!

kirk n stacy said...

You guys are just too fun!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

And I have a dream... that you adopt Lisa and I.

Also, love the "Gob" reference because that is the only thing I can think about as well whenever I see someone on one of those things.

lori and clark remington said...

I would love either a beach house or a condo in Park City...it's a toss up! The beach is closer, but Park City is one of my favorite places to be on earth! Poor Clark...I tell him my big plans all the time...no pressure or anything! I've even thought of moving to Park City...good thing his answer was "and what would I do for work...you know for that little thing called money you need to live on." I wish it grew on trees!
Can't wait for my next cooking class, I am so excited...I will try to remember to bring my camera!

Shari said...

Hey Linda-Thanks for the comments on my blog! San Diego is beautiful and I can actully say that I like it now!! I miss my peeps in SCV thought! Can't beat the weather and the beach town life!!! Love to all of your family!!

Shari said...

Sorry for the mispelled words!!

Shari said...

Add me to the list!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Linda you are too funny! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! I love Gob! He is awesome.