Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas, Kisses, Cookies, New Years and Zombies???

We had a very relaxing, fun Christmas. As you will see below we did a lot of fun things while Court and Josh were in town. We spent New Years seeing the musical Smokey Joe's Cafe... can't say I recommend it. But we still had fun, as you can see above, we wore our party hats!


We decorated cookies...

And everyone wanted to kiss Mari... I am not sure why. She has violent tendencies. Anytime someone says or does something she doesn't like she threatens to stab them. I think she may need professional help.

Some of the finished cookies.

The boys thought it would be fun to shoot my recessed lights. They left the nerf darts on the light and they melted. Did I mention this was a 'boy' idea???

I got all the men/ boys those cool remote control helicopters, which they loved!... for fifteen minutes. Then they were all broken.

Courtney getting even with a nerf gun. A girl can only take so much tormenting before she strikes back!
The guys spent a lot of time watching football on the couch.


Lindsay..... soooo not a morning person!

On Christmas morning we had a fright when a zombie entered the living room unexpectedly! Courtney stabbed her thru the heart with some kind of zombie killing weapon and all was well. Seriously though, have you ever seen a scarier picture of a cute girl? Click on it for the full effect!

The girls snuggling down to watch Christmas Vacation


Two of my handsome men.

16 comments:

The Alvords said...

Holy crap...Lindsay looks like the scary kid from The Grudge! Weird and scary things all wrapped into that freaky picture. That was an awesome two weeks.

The Alvords said...

Oh and mom, you totally forgot to post the picture of mine and Mari's cookie that we made at the end of the night. How could you?

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

a: I am going to have nightmares, thank you. b:of course they want to kiss me! they love my violent threats, they know deep down I am just a softie. & plus, if they aren't nice to me I might stab them! ;) c: I agree with Court, our cookies only improved as the night went on! However I am happy to see you still included Courtney's angel
D: my husband is so cute!!
Thanks for a fun Christmas, and seriously i am FREAKED out by Lindsay. Chris didn't think it was a real picture when he first saw it!

Adam & Samantha said...

looks like you had a great christmas! its so fun to have everyone together. and lindsay sure is not a morning person! shes so pretty, but that picture is frightening!

lori and clark remington said...

Linda,
It is so strange to see such adults fill up your house and not little ones running around anymore. I want to think of your kids as younger, I don't know why...I guess I have to face the reality that I'm getting older if your kids are adults now! It looks like you had a fun Christmas!

Lisa P said...

I laughed out loud, especially thinking of someone hiding behind the presents (obviously too frightened to come out in the open) to take that first picture of Lindsay! Tooooo funny--Lindsay is a cutie! And, yes, I've had nerf darts melt in my lights before too.

Lisa P said...

AND, how do you put your pictures in so you can click on them to enlarge????

Jill said...

I have to say I am impressed Lindsay has not made you take that down! I will agree she is much prettier then that...it looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

the organic kitchen said...

Lindsay actually wanted that freaky picture posted because we all think it is hilarious! She looks like the guy in that famous painting "The Scream" but with really severe red eye!

kirk n stacy said...

I got the same remote "Air Hogs" toys. Your right, they were fun for the boys for 15 minutes...but then they were dead.

Jonah said...

Okay Linda--I'm totally laughing because Jared got me season one of Arrested development for Christmas and we just started watching it yesterday...and I thought of YOU when I saw "Gob" on his segway because I had read Courtney's post last week! Look's like you all had fun! Tell Steve hello!

Carrie said...

I shouldn't admit this but I have been on your blog about 15 minutes! You have such a cute family and it was fun to see all you have been up to lately. I realized that I had your blog wrong, i saved it without the "the" in front of spiker family. Loved the pottery class, did you and steve do a "ghost" scene?

Mark and/or Lisa said...

We also love the picture of Lindsay.

Tori Whitmore said...

Linda . . . your family is just so gorgeous! It's amazing how fast everyone grows up, but we don't (right?).

You will love being a grandma and it will happen before you know it. Say hi to everyone.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your concern on the salmonella thing. The doctor has been calling me and telling me in the next few days the last test will come in and then a few days later he calls and says the same thing. haha its been almost three weeks. But he is waiting for the test to confirm that it is salmonell but we is pretty sure it is. he said "I would put my money on salmonella because of the way it has run his course" But hopefully soon we will get the last test result in so we can be sure. I dont know where he would have gotten it. He does suck on the handle bars at the grocery store no matter how many times I yell at him! He thinks its a game. Thanks again for the concern! Love you guys! Hope all is well out there. I cant wait to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Okay Linda I am going to jump at the chance to say this to you...."We need an updated post!" haha