Sunday, January 11, 2009

Steve's the man.... the old man!

So Steve turned 51 on Dec. 23rd! We took him to Salt Creek on his actual birthday and then to Peach Tree Pottery in Mar Vista for some fun family time. Steve is an awesome husband and terrific dad. We all appreciate him so much. It's hard to buy him gifts... let's face it, if he wants something, he buys it! So I have been trying to be creative and give him experiences instead of gifts. If you have never done a pottery class, try it!
Patrick and me! You know, I am not nearly as fat as I think I am...

Chris flashing gang signs. He belongs to a really scary gang called 'lawyers'. They are the most feared gang in all the land!

Mari getting instruction from our teacher, Linda. I am pretty sure Linda is an awesome person, because awesome people are often named Linda. Or maybe it was just a popular name in the sixties. But I going to stick with my first theory.

Lindsay...Isn't she lovely?

Courtney's bowl fell over 2 times, so she ended up with a small 'plate'.  That is a sad face!

Josh's pot was beautiful... Court's was beautiful in it's own way...

Luke and Steve "coning up".

The finished product! Aren't they pretty? I love them!

12 comments:

The Alvords said...

Pretty! I can't believe I broke mine twice. Suck. Will you send ours to us please? That was an awesome trip. I'm still sad I'm not still there. Happy birthday pops. WE love you.

the organic kitchen said...

We are sad you aren't here too:(

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

So pretty! They look great all shiny and glazed!! Thanks for bringing us along! I have nver done it before this and I had a great time

Spitzer Family said...

Happy B-day Uncle Steve! You still look young as ever!! Mike is so jealous of the Ultimate Fight Championship-he loves to watch! I guess our road trip was pretty fun, but it was more like 9 days than 3... (and having only one kid helps a ton!)

Klepinger said...

I agree with doing things-making memories are the BEST gifts!! Looks like you had so much fun!! Leann

Hoskins Family said...

Happy Birthday to the OLD Guy! Are you hoping for some 'Ghost' experiences with the pottery?

Happy New Year, Daleen

lori and clark remington said...

I want to take a pottery class! How fun, I'm going to have to get the name and number of this adorable place from you...it looks like you all had a great time together...you have such a wonderful family! HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!

Lisa P said...

I think they look so good you should replace your everyday dishes with them! Good thing Courtney's broke cuz everyone needs at least one small plate in their dish set! Happy Bday Steve, we love you!

Brittany and Johnse said...

Linda that looks so fun! what a great idea to do for Steves birthday! Thanks for voting for me...so far we are winning! :) I need to get ahold of Courtney so we can get together and do something one of these days....I'll have to email her! Well Happy Birthday Steve!

Anonymous said...

how fun! I want to try that! I put up new post just for you linda, per request....haha

Holly Child said...

What a fun family weekend! That pottery class looks like alot of fun! :o) Your family is so adventurous!

Anonymous said...

Bwaahahahha! Awesome. xoxwedding dresses with sleeves!?! Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Boots Bridal Wedding Dresses