Saturday, June 27, 2009

Where the Magic Happens...




We have been married 29 years (tomorrow!) and we have had 6 different bedrooms, 4 different sets of bedroom furniture and 10 different sets of bedding. I have liked many of our bedrooms. But I always had something else I needed or wanted to do to make it perfect. Well after 29 years of marriage I finally have a bedroom I looooove. This is the same everything we have had for the last 4 years except we just got remote control black out blinds (rockin!)and these beautiful drapes. Shout out to designer Lori Souza for the perfect choice in fabric! (Click on the photo to get a better look, but it still doesn't do them justice. It's hard to tell but there are pretty pleats at the top and bottom and the fabric is gorgeous, even the lining is beautiful!) So, I am done decorating! Finito! Fin! That's all folks! I know none of you will believe me but it's true... well....at least for a week!







13 comments:

Brittany and Johnse said...

looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

SO gorgeous! You are totally right tho, the photo doesn't give them justice! They are amazing!! You deserve it...but you are liar, aren't you re-doing Lindsay's room soon? eh? lol.

Happy 29 years!!! You guys are an awesome couple & I love seeing happily married couples that have been together for such a long time! I hope to follow in your footsteps!

the organic kitchen said...

I meant I was done with the bedroom, not decorating in general! I would never make such a broad statement!

tricia said...

It looks beautiful.

The Alvords said...

Wow, they look great! I can't wait to see them in person. I wish I was able to constantly be redecorating.

lori and clark remington said...

I love the curtains Linda. Your room is so beautiful! Happy 29th Anniversary! Have a wonderful day together and go out somewhere fun together(your probably cooking something fabulous). I know, poor Clark. I am addicted to decorating too. I want to redo our playroom to a media room and would also love to redo Cailey's bedroom to a queen bed from a twin! But, I have to spring it on Clark slowly! I'm starting with the playroom(he's on board with that one).

Sabrina said...

i need help picking paint. the girls room & the guest bathroom is the only room painted. i've painted the kitchen nook a few times & hate hate hate it.

Trevor and Shelby said...

I apologize if this is inappropriate Linda, but I couldn't help but laugh when I had to go back and make sure it said that after 29 years you were finally satisfied with the bedroom as opposed to what I thought I had initially read (insert the word "in" instead lol) ;) That would not have been a happy post for Steve. Anyways, congratulations, hope it's a great day, and thanks for always being an awesome example for me to aspire to.
-Trevor

the organic kitchen said...

Maybe I should have wored that more carefully!

the organic kitchen said...

and spelled more carefully... ugh!

Trevor and Shelby said...

No Linda that's the point, you did word it well. Enough that I couldn't spin it that way and give Steve a hard time. ;) Congrats again! Still amazed you can remember every single combination you've had though.

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Very cool Linda. For the next ward activity where we make videos I want to make one of "REJECTED Extreme Home make over auditions". You and Steve are at the top of my list and I think we could do some pretty funny stuff.

Alli said...

Hi Linda! I love your blog. I also checked out your cooking blog. I wish I lived closer so I could attend all of them. I love your decorating. Your whole house is decorated perfect! I am glad you came to my blog. I will add you to my list of favorite blogs!