Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


Steve bought me a bike for Valentines Day!
It's just a 3 speed cruiser for pedaling around on little errands.
I rode to yoga, then came home and got Steve to ride to Trader Joe's with me to pick up a few
things for dinner. He bought himself a bike too...

Isn't it cute?


Steve's bike!


I wanted a basket on my bike for trips to the market. Here are the goods from TJ's!
Yum organic fresh squeezed Oj and pomegranate seeds!
I love to walk around the lake everyday and now I can ride too!

I am pretty sure my husband is Latino... and I think this little
accessory proves my theory correct. He denies his latino
roots but he had the bike shop put a Dias de Los Muertos head on his bike.
I don't know why he doesn't just admit it, I happen to find Latino men muy guapo!


Our yummy Valentines day dinner! I made kabobs, spinach salad with heirloom tomatoes from the Newhall farmers Market, broccoli , carrots, and couscous with currants, pine nuts and shallots (also from the Farmers Market, I went with my cute friend Kerri and her adorable daughter Sienna on Thurs.) The older I get the more of a home body I become. I am happiest in my house, eating delicious food that I make (no waiting for a table and spending too much money on mediocre food!) and spending time with the people I love most!
It was perfect day for me!

13 comments:

The Queen said...

Cute!! You and David can ride together!

Hoskins Family said...

Love the Bikes!! A few years ago my Dad restored my original Schwinn Cruiser. I love it! Thanks for letting Luke go to Disney with the kids. Mine had a great time, hope he did too! It's great that they are such good friends!

The Alvords said...

Oh my gosh, They are so cute! I love them and want one myself. Dad's devil head is freaky though. I wish I lived where it was warm enough to ride a cute bike to the market. Blasted Utah. Happy Valentine's Day. I love you all!

Dominique said...

The bikes are awesome! I love the skull on Steve's bike, looks very ominous though for such a sweet guy. I will be sure to toot my horn when I see you guys cruising around.

p.s. As we were leaving church Luke gave Ryan a hi-five, and after Luke had passed Ryan turns to me and says, "Luke's a cool guy". So sincere and cute. So tell Luke thanks for being so sweet to my little guy. xoxo

Anonymous said...

(I already sent this to Lindsay but I thought it was so cute I had to share it with you too. I guess your Lindsay saw my Lyndsie shopping the other day and then she called me and told me this.)

So I get a call from my sister the other day ans she says:

Lyndsie: "Guess who I saw today!"
Kellie: "I don't know Lynds who?"
Lyndsie: "My friend Lindsay."
Kellie: "Oh a friend from class?"
Lyndsie: "No the one that is my friend and your cousin. I almost didn't know who she was because she doesn't have yellow hair anymore."
Kellie: "Oh did she dye it?"
Lyndsie: "Yes. She looked pretty. I didn't think she would know who I was but she is my best Lindsay friend."

haha it sounds weirder when I type it out but it was really funny at the time!

Sabrina said...

you guys are SO CUTE! J lost my beach cruiser. not sure how one loses a bike, but he did... need to sneak "buy wifey a bike" into his iPhone.

I surprised J with a BBQ Grill for our anniversay/his birthday/valentines day. Send me yummy recipes!

lori and clark remington said...

Linda, How fun! Clark and I have beach cruisers that are about 20 years old...but they are so cute...to bad we never ride them! Wait until you read my post about Valentine weekend when I get it up...crazy...busy...stressful...decisions...nuts!
Happy Late Valentines day!

Anonymous said...

Love the bike! DJ has been trying to get me one, but I won't let him spend the money.:( So can I just tell you that am so sad that I don't live close by. I wish so bad that I could take some of your classes! The recipies that you gave me for Christmas were awesome, in fact I am doing the pear salad for a bbq tomorrow night! It sure would be nice to learn from you though... Looks like you are doing really well! All your classes are full! One of these days I will leave the boys with DJ and just come down for a night so I can take a class. But thanks for those recipies, they were definately needed! Well, Happy late V-day! Can't wait to see you guys next month for Ryan's wedding!

Jill said...

Oh, I love the bikes. What a fun date night. They are so cute! Thanks for your note :)

kirk n stacy said...

The bikes are great...What a good idea since that new plaza is the perfect "bike ride distance."
P.S. The delish Sunday dinner Josh was refering to on my blog was due to you! I served 2 of the Pastas; I was the hit mom with the college students that came over for dinner! They LOVED it!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I love my bike & now we can have cute bikes together! Now I just need a Yoga Works pass so I can ride my bike there...oh wait, that's not how it works?? Happy V-day!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

So you find latino men to be horny huh? First, I don't even want to know how you came to know this. Second, it probably isn't something I would announce to the world.

the organic kitchen said...

Okay Chris I did not spend two years in Honduras, just one semester in Spanish 101. I changed the phrasing...