Monday, December 1, 2008

A Real Must see....

I never post about things like this, BUT I found this so interesting. We watched a documentary called "The Origins of Aids" on the Sundance Channel. It is a documentary filmed after the book "The River" made the startling declaration that scientists accidentally created the Aids virus by using chimpanzee cells in polio vaccines. Those polio vaccines were then given to millions of Africans in the Congo and thus AIDS was born. Frightening to say the least and still unproven (spoiler alert! it looks really, really bad for the scientists involved....) but if you like documentaries, this one is excellent!

7 comments:

The Alvords said...

What??!!! I can't believe that. I am totally going to look that up and DVR it. CAn you imagine if that is true how horrible that is? That is just not fair. I am very curious now. Hey, where's your Thanksgiving post?

the organic kitchen said...

I haven't gotten pics from Chris and Mari yet... hopefully i can do it before New York, but not likely!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Oh now now...let's not GUILT trip! Chris wouldn't take one, so we have none to give! :( Ill send you a random one, but we don't have a very cute one!

the organic kitchen said...

No guilt intended mari!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I was Joking!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

"whoopsies"

-AIDS giving Scientist



...and that's a direct quote btw

the organic kitchen said...

One of the other scientists involved was quoted as saying "My bad!"