Saturday, December 20, 2008

The big reward!



Steve promised the kids $1000 if they made it to their 16th birthday without kissing and Luke is the only one that made it! (Actually, Chris made it to 17, but Steve only made the offer to the 4 younger kids. Chris says unlike Luke, he didn't have an opportunity to kiss anyone...) This is Luke at Grand Panda, his birthday dinner choice, receiving the big bucks! Courtney, Lindsay and Patrick all blew it and agree that no kiss before the age of 16 is worth a thousand dollars! Live and learn! Congrats and happy birthday to Luke!

Just a note from a proud mom... Luke is the baby and holds a special place in everyones heart! He loves his mama, is a good student, treats girls with respect, has developed a very funny sense of humor and is enjoyable all the time! I love him and am so proud of all his accomplishments and hope he does not run out and kiss anyone any time soon!

7 comments:

Hoskins Family said...

Happy Birthday Luke!! Congratulations on the thousand bucks! I know a few who hope it won't last that much longer! lol Merry Christmas!

The Alvords said...

Yay Luke! I love you to death. Just so you know Josh made it till 16 or 17 before he kissed a girl. He sure made up for lost time after his mission though.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

thats funny Court, Chris did the same thing! Our husbands were Man-Whore's after their missions!
Annnnnnnnnyway. YAY LUKE! He is a stud, I have to agree Linda, he is an awesome kid. I've said it before & Ill say it again, I hope ALL my teenagers are like Pat & Luke, they are such good kids! You sure know how to raise them!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that my boys can hold out! Wish I would've! Tell Luke I said congrats, and happy birthday! He really is a special guy...

lori and clark remington said...

Linda,
He may have a ton of girls after him now with that smile and $1000 in his pocket! Happy Birthday Luke!

kirk n stacy said...

Ok, Ok, I did update you! And a big congrats to Luke. Umm Tiff and Josh earned the same reward for the same thing, but our child number 3 maybe in question. Hmmm.

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Luke is a total stud. Both your boys in fact have turned out pretty good with after a little help from yours truly ;)