Saturday, November 1, 2008

The secret is out!




Kalai has been one of my favorite singer/songwriters for 2 years now. He is a staple on my Ipod. He sounds like James Taylor and Jack Johnson had a baby...a really talented baby. Not that this is possible but I think you will hear what I mean. He has sort of been a well kept secret and is now on the verge of making it huge! And while I am happy for him, I am a little sad for all of us that have enjoyed him quietly, with no hype. Courtney went to his last small appearance at a wedding in Utah. Lucky girl! He has been signed (by sony I think???) and won't be doing the smaller venues anymore. The Secret is out!

7 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I remember my sophmore year in HS we had Kalai come to my cousins house & play JUST FOR US for prom. There was I think 10 of us..Ya. It was awesome. When I was in UT I went to I think 6 or 7 of his concerts, but the private one was the coolest. He was small time- but we all know someone that talented will only stay hidden for so long! His songs were played at EVERY hs dance of mine, he was pretty popular in UT.

The Alvords said...

I LOVE Kalai. I'm happy for him because he deserves to be successful. I just hope his songs aren't over played.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Kalai blows. That is all

Spiker said...

Chris, you blow!

kirk n stacy said...

Very calming...love his music. When this election is over, we need to all listen to his music; maybe it will help calm everyones nerves.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I guess I'm not cool, I've never heard of him. Sounds good though! I like it!

Spiker said...

Rachel just because you haven't heard of kalai dosn't mean your not cool! You are the coolest! kiss those sweet babies for me!