Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Why do I do these things???

Today I committed to run a 5k with Chris, Mari and Lindsay. The race is in Santa Barbara next month. Why do I do these things? I don't run! I climb stairs, I lift weights, I do yoga but I never run! I don't think I would run if a scary guy with an ax started chasing me down a dark alley. I would just lay down and let him hack me up because quite frankly, it requires just too much effort! I ran a 5k 4 or 5 years ago with Courtney and some friends. I actually had a decent time. But I was younger and ran several times a week. Now I am older, heavier and just don't care to run. So now that I am committed I will have to pull that will up from the depth of my soul and make it happen... or I could just feign injury and back out. I am hoping you will see a photo of me crossing the finish line in next months blog. But maybe not...

6 comments:

The Alvords said...

You can do it! You really can. I am convinced that anyone could finish a 3 mile race. You can walk it if you choose. I am doing a 15K this weekend. We'll see how that goes. That's a long one and I'm not super excited about it. Go you guys!

Spiker said...

Courtney you are such a little cheerleader... Love, Mom

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Ha...Lindsay run...she gets winded while sitting at the dinner table. I will believe it when i see it

The Alvords said...

I vote for more posts! I want to see what you guys are up to, even if it is nothing!

The Queen said...

I say go with the injury.

The Galvez Family said...

You go sis! Someone has to do it and it won't be me! I can walk all day long but no running for me either. Can't wait to see the pics from this one. I know you can do it!
Love your big sis, Pam