Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Patrick's Big Adios!

Patrick spoke in church on Sunday the 25th. He did an amazing job. He spoke on the blessings of the restoration of the gospel. I was so amazed at how mature he seemed. And I got teary a few times as I watched, thinking about how I would not see him for two years. He has grown up so much since leaving for university. And I know those changes will pale in comparison to the changes he will make in the 24 months he will serve in the mission field. We had a big family dinner and then a dessert for everyone! The house and yard were packed! But it was so good to see all the people who have helped him become who he is in one place at one time! Lots of hugs and tears.... to be repeated... when he comes home in two years!!!

3 comments:

The Alvords said...

I can't believe my little Patty Wac is going on a mission. I hope these 2 years fly by. I like it better when he's around.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

He is a cute kid. I love him mucho.

Unknown said...

DONT GO PATRICK! ; )