Friday, July 24, 2009

Newport... land that I love

I love Newport! Every year the weather is a perfect 75 degrees with a nice breeze. And every year I beg my husband to move there. He always has the same lame story 'we can't afford it and I work in Burbank' or some such nonsense... I don't know why I can't hear him but I won't... I mean, can't. But here are the reasons I love it...

The Views...



The family bbq's and campfires...






The beaches...

the juggling beach minstrels...





The water...






Balboa Island...


Cousin Cody won the big fish competition and was rewarded nicely!


The guy working the trampoline decided to make an example of Luke. He got him bouncing so high that a crowd gathered and then he said very loudly "Luke do me a favor, quit farting" We all thought it was funny...cuz we are 12. Be sure to click on this one!


The Pools...



This is my sister... I hate her.


We had a great trip and arrived home after an hour and 15 minute drive to a 40 degree temp difference (yep 109 baby!)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

awwww too bad we missed this! Its been forever since I've seen you all!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

looks like fun!

Sabrina said...

what the crap. tell your sister i hate her too. that is so not fair!

Lisa P said...

Fart jokes are big at our house too...natch. Thanks again for inviting my son and showing him how the other half live:)

Lisa P said...

Also, at our house, no set of beach pictures is complete without one with Bryce buried in the sand with sand boobs. Where are the Spiker sand boobs?

the organic kitchen said...

Sand boobs are often a part of our family fun as well, but we were burying children that belonged to other people.... we do have boundaries!

Alli said...

We stayed at the same place the end of June. We loved it there! I love all your pictures! By the way the next AVP tournament is in Hermosa Beach. August 6th-9th. We would love to see you there!

Alli said...

Linda, I need your email address. You asked me if there is shade at the AVP tournaments. We usually bring umbrellas to sit under when he is playing on the side courts. Sometimes if there are a lot of people watching it makes it hard to use the umbrellas. You do get a break in between games to go shop, eat etc. or to just be inside. But, I would say you are in the sun most of the tournament.

Brittany and Johnse said...

you are beautiful Linda!!!

Jonah said...

So fun! I love living through the Spikers! I hope everyone is doing well!

I just got back from girls camp with Rachel! Last time I went was 10 years ago with your girls at Long Beach...Rachel was 2 and Jonah 4 weeks! Time flies!!

Anonymous said...

So sad I missed it, but so glad that you guys had fun! Oh, and you and your sister are BOTH HOT!!!

kirk n stacy said...

We just got back from Newport too. You and I belong there. I know it, I feel it, It will happen. I already found a few homes that will work just fine.

The Queen said...

Those husbands always ruin everything.

The Alvords said...

Time for an update mother dearest!

Anonymous said...

I get much in your theme really. thank your very much i will come every day! Wedding Dress Shops. Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Heels Flower Girls