Saturday, May 16, 2009

Holy Birthday and Mothers Day Batman!

Mothers day and my birthday always coincide. It seems like the everlasting celebration! 
Too much food, too much cake, too many gifts... hmmmm ... okay scratch that last one.

The celebrating started on Saturday when we met my sister Pam and her husband Steve for dinner after Lukes Volleyball tournament in Redondo Beach. 

Then the next day we had the fam over for a Mothers Day BBQ. These pretty tulips are from Steve's mom.


Sweet Caroline! Steve's cousin Marali, her husband Kevin and their baby came too!
As you can see Caroline was starved for attention.

Courtney sending me Mother's day love from Utah!


Me and my posse.

Steve and his mom. I have never seen a photo where these two look more alike! Genes are a powerful thing.

Mi Madre!

Patrick serenading  his first little groupie!

More groupies! I think one of them pulled out a lock of his hair.

Mom, Mark, Marali, Kevin


Birthday lunch with my girls Jammie and Janelle.

Yes we ate this. All of it. And it rocked.

After singing myself a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday to me
 ending in "I am so awesome" I blew out the candles. I have a tendency to be silly.

And because we still needed to eat more... dinner at Salt creek with the family!
Now the diet begins... on Monday??

This is my Mothers Day/Birthday present from my husband. Awesome... now if I just knew how to use it! And just in case you were wondering....47!

17 comments:

Hoskins Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! That cake at wolf creek is divine!!

The Queen said...

Aww, I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy belated birthday!! I am glad you had fun, you're awesome, love ya!

The Alvords said...

Happy Birthday and Mother's Day. It looks like it was a fun weekend. I wish we could have been there. I have to say I am disappointed you didn't use the post-it picture we sent you.

Spiker said...

Sorry Court I tried but that one would not drag...

Brittany and Johnse said...

Happy birthday Linda! It sounds like you had a TON of fun. Your bday cake with friends looked WONDERFULLY delicious! yum!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday and Happy mothers day late of course! Glad to hear it was so wonderful. RJ and Uncle Steve think more alike than they know. I got the same computer for mothers day! How funny! Glad to hear you got to have most of your kids around for the weekend as well! Now we just need you to have a grandma mothers day next year! haha Love ya!

Amanda and Ry said...

When was your birthday?? Nobody informed me!!.. Well anyway, Happy Happy Birthday!!/Mothers Day!! You're such a cute mama. It looks like you had a wonderful weekend. And Pat serenading the baby is too cute haha. xoxo!

lori and clark remington said...

Happy Birthday Linda! Life goes by so fast. Your weekend looked like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

haha that uncle steve is so funny but they might not be so alike after all because RJ hasnt put a hand on mine yet. he has one of his own already. haha if he didnt have his own and got me one he would be one mine! haha too funny that he said that though. i miss uncle steve he can always make me laugh!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Holly Child said...

Linda --

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! After all these years, I still remembered it was your birthday the day of the 11th!! ;o)

ChrisS said...

After all these years I STILL can't remember your bday....even after a granddaughter was born on your bday last year. I promise to be better. : ) You have a fun and cute life and I hope I never forget the comment the rimmmmcaress person made about you comparing swimsuit shopping to hyenas eating you alive. Let the diet begin.

ChrisS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dominique said...

You are one hot 47 year old mama! Happy Belated Mother's and Birthday!!

Spitzer Family said...

Happy belated b-day-you're younger than that!! You need to give Luke a kick in the butt for the 12 cents-what a dork!

Sabrina said...

yay! i am so late, but happy birthday. You're one of my favorite people in all the land (that's sayin' something, i know A LOT of people ;p)

Larali said...

Linda, so nice to hear from you. I love that Marali has some family to live by. Love seeing your family, thought Steve looked a bit like Gary a few times. I do love that sweet Caroline wish she lived closer. You can get to Michelle's blog from mine, she is moving here in a few weeks, can't wait. We haven't lived near each other in 23 years. She wants me to help her with her blog, Jeff posts things for her (of all the people I know she definitely needs to blog). Lots of love to you and your family.