Thursday, April 24, 2008

So now we have the bug...

I have heard that once you start doing 5k's, you get the bug. I honestly did not think this would happen because I am not a fan of running. But now we are running a 6k in May. Courtney and Josh are coming down for Mother's Day/my birthday (same day) so we are all running it. I think I might be running away from my age. Running from time. The only bummer is that the race is the day before my birthday so my competition is all younger than me because the category is 35-45 years old. I would place higher if I were in the 46-50 age group! If you want to run away from your age or anything else (husband, life.etc...) and join us, go to active.com and find the race in Calabasas at Malibu park. Sign up and join us! It will be fun!

3 comments:

Jill said...

You go girl! Run Woman, Run!! I admire people who can do that and even more...Enjoy it.

The Alvords said...

Yay for running! I haven't run since last the marathon. I am giving my knees a break. I'm excited to run in Calabassas. It is true, once you start running, you don't stop.

the organic kitchen said...

Oh I am addicted to all those things (and then some! Did you already forget about our kitchen activities) As of yet, i am not really addicted to running! Just easily talked into things.~ Linda