Friday, April 18, 2008

The Organic Kitchen

So my kids are grown and in about 3 years we will be empty nesters! So sad and yet exciting at the same time. I was telling my friend the other day that this is the most fun time of our lives besides when were having all those cute little babies. Chris and Mari are doing well. He is more than half way thru law school. Court and Josh just got back from training in New York for 2 months and are busy at work. Both will probably be making us grandparents within the next two years. Lindsay is still working for a wedding planner and maybe I should take back that empty nester comment, because I think she might live with us forever... Patrick is doing well in school and will be off to college in a year and a half with Luke following soon after. So my point is, I have been considering what I would like to do once they were all gone. I don't want to work for anyone, and what ever I do, I have to love it. It also has to be something I am good at. As a girl that is really good at knowing her weaknesses and capitalizing on her strengths I decided to start teaching cooking classes. I love food, and cooking, I am good with people and passionate about nutrition! It may just be a perfect fit! I am starting at my home and if it takes off and I enjoy it, I will look for a rental space and make a kitchen studio. If you want to see what I am talking about go to theorganickitchen.blogspot.com and take a gander. Or you can just click on The Organic Kitchen under my friends list. My friend and computer genius Judy Phan-tastic did the photos and the blog for me. If you want to see more of her work click on her blog too!

6 comments:

Jill said...

oh, if I lived closer I would be all over that new idea...sign me up!

The Alvords said...

Yay! I love the blog, the business cards and that you are doing all of this. I can't wait to see how it all goes and I can't wait to eat all of that yummy food.

Jonah said...

Hello Spikers! So fun to see your family. I found you through Karlye...

We miss ya'll!

Becky

Spiker said...

Becky, leave your blog address! ~ LInda

The Alvords said...

Becky's blog is http://hansentx.blogspot.com/

Mark and/or Lisa said...

i love the blog and your pic -- you look hot. your class sounds really cool, how exciting. i was telling Mark how lucky your kids and husband are to have you cooking for them every night! ~lisa