Saturday, April 12, 2008

My morning walk






I love living here! The weather is perfect! When I run in the morning, which I have been doing a lot of because we are running a 5k this weekend in Santa Barbara, I see the most amazing things. Beautiful white cranes that stand almost 4 feet tall, turtles, geese, ducks, and now ducklings too! Occasionally you can even catch a crawdad (they look like little lobsters) walking along the jogging path! I always wish i had my camera with me. But it is pretty hard to run with a camera so I went for a walk and got a couple photo's of our yard and some wildlife. Every year we eagerly await the first ducklings. They are just starting to hatch. So if you want a fun family walk, come to our neighborhood and make sure you give us a shout out when you pass our yard!

4 comments:

The Alvords said...

Poor you, you have to live in a beautiful house in a great neighborhood and look at little duckies every day. You must be very miserable.

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Yeah, it's really gorgeous over there.

Spiker said...

I love the little duckies! the turtles have been very entertaining this year. I forgot to add my phots of the turtles. Next blog...~ Mom

Spiker said...

And het sassypants, no ne is complaining...~ Mom