Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mothers day and sac taps... the way things go in our weird family.

Mothers day and my birthday sort of got lost in the 'getting Patrick off on a two year mission to Argentina' hubbub. But we did do a little photo documentation despite the craziness. Courtney was in Salt Lake and Lindsay was in Mexico BUT Chris spent the night (Mari was in Utah) so I had all my boys together!


Our photo shoot started as all things do when it's just me and the kids... calmly, quietly, just me and Patrick.

Then Luke joined in. Again a nice family moment, pictures with mom on Mothers day...


Ah, my oldest Chris joins the party. Mellow, relaxed, everyone looking good...

Dad says "I want a picture" Notice the change in energy immediately???

Then he sac taps Luke... Photo shoot over. Notice how happy Mr. Spiker is with himself. This is my life... in a nutshell.

8 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Luke has a sack?

From Mari

Dominique said...

Thank you for this new addition to our vocabulary. Hilarious yet disturbing. I love it!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

hahahha THAT WAS NOT FROM ME!!!!!!!! Chris wrote that!!! OH MY GOSH!

the organic kitchen said...

Mari I knew that the second I read it. Puh-lease!

Alli said...

How fun to have your boys together like that. Love your haircut!

Lisa P said...

I had to ask Justin what this was. He said, "Um. Am I in trouble?" I say, "No, it's in Linda's blog and I do not know of this thing." All three boys in the room explain in various degrees of graphicness so now I know, then they were all curious as to why this was on your blog and had to come see...

The Alvords said...

I miss my boys!

Mark and/or Lisa said...

Awesome. I remember when we were Luke's age we used to use the phrase "sac-up" (as in man up) to eachother and then our Bishop asked us what that meant... then my buddy went into this long winded and convincing explanation about how in "colonial times the pilgrims would trade sacks of potatoes..."

I just read and article on CNN the other day about how the emergency rooms are seeing a huge rise in boys coming in to see them with internal bleeding from being excessively sac tapped.